Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Renewed Student Discount but still charged ful price

Renewed Student Discount but still charged ful price

Last month I noticed that I was charged full price for Spotify premium, so I knew it was time to update my student discount information. I found my way to the Sheer page and re-entered my name, email, school, etc, and was given a confirmation that I was verified as a student. I thought that this would be all I would need to do, but a few hours later I checked my account and noticed that my next Spotify payment is scheduled to be $9.99 in December. After seeing this I clicked the link to change/cancel my subscription, scrolled down, and clicked the student discount button. When the page loaded I was given the error "Unable to change plans. This could be because you're not eligible for this plan, you're already on it, or you don't have a stored payment method." So my student discount is already activated, but I'm still being charged $9.99/month... What should I do?

2 Replies

Hey @cartershilts, welcome to the community!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Let's try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to resubscribe with the student discount. Don't worry, you won't be charged twice for Spotify, this is only to make sure the discount is up and running.

Once this is done, the discount should start automatically on your next billing date.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

this same things happened to me. so even if we had signed up for the student account, we cannot get that money back?

Suggested posts