Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 8Plus)

Operating System

IOS 12.4

My Question or Issue

Hey, my email is *snip*. I receieved an email on August 27th saying that my student premium account is expiring soon. I’m still a student so I looked to extend my account. However, the link provided in the email to extend the account was broken and I could not do it. I don’t want to be charged the normal price of $9.99 for the month of September since I am still a student. Could you assist me with extending my student premium and refund any extra money charged?

Regards

7 Replies

Hey @LilBoozie ,

Welcome to the Community!

In this case, I'd recommend copying the link provided in the email to extend your discount and opening it in an incognito or private window in your browser.

Once you've opened that link, you should be prompted to log in to your Spotify account and proceed with the steps to renew your discount.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

I tried this, it doesn’t work. 

Hey @Shamneedshelp,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

As the process has changed since the previous post, would you mind confirming if you're doing it from your account page as mentioned in this article?

If so and the issue persists, we'd recommend trying on another device on a different Wi-Fi network (if possible), making sure you're logged in to your own account.

Lastly, it's possible that the system is not yet enabled to renew it. If your discount will expire in 2 or more weeks, we'd recommend waiting and trying again later to see if it makes any difference.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have tried multiple times to renew premium student according to @OscarDC's advice but it doesn't work. I didn't even get an email that the payment plan was expiring soon but noticed that the regular $9.99 was drawn. When filling in the verification form it just told me that "The time limit for verification has been exceeded".... Are there any other possible solutions? 

Best regards

Hey there @helenalindqvist98,

Thanks for the post. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues reactivating your Student Premium discount.

We'd suggest following the flow here in an incognito browser window: spotify.com/student > Get Premium > 'Get Premium' > enter details. 

Note that if you get an error message when entering your details again, this might be an issue with an expired verification link from SheerID (our partner student verification service). If that's the case, reach out to them here and explain what has happened. They should be able to generate a new verification link for you. 

After you've verified as a student, you have to re-upload your payment info in the Spotify account page in order for the system to switch your subscription type.

Regarding the expiry notification email, you should've received one about 30 days before your discount expired. This email could have ended in your Spam/ Junk folder, so check those and mark the email from Spotify as Not Junk.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

This was my issue as well. It expired and I got the email notice prior, I spent a week trying to reconfirm my student status across various platforms, browsers and devices, even the school systems on incognito with and without vpn and adblockers. No dice. They’ve been charging me $13 (Canadian equivalent) for a few months now and I have struggled to meet up almost every time. I really can’t keep this up now. Please please help me someone. 

Hey @Menajyra,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

Just to check, have you followed the steps mentioned by @Alex earlier in the thread?

If so, and if the issue still persists, we recommend reaching out to our Customer Support team, as they can check things backstage and help you look in to this further.

We're just a post away if you need anything else in the meantime.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts