Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SPOTIFY Student Account not working

SPOTIFY Student Account not working

Hi Guys,
I am currently on a family subscription of SPOTIFY and my account was created using Facebook. I am also studying at the moment and want to change my subscription to Student account. Spotify is not letting me do this. Whenever I try and go premium it says, "It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time." I am not sure if I need to first cancel my Family Subscription or I can transfer to a student account without having to cancel my family subscription.
I tried looking for the answer online in FAQ's but couldn't find anything. Some help would be good. thank you!

1 Reply

Hey @preeetsabbi!

Good question, and welcome to the forums 🙂

Yes, you will need to cancel your family premium before applying for a student plan.

But, please note that if you pay for the family account it may be a good idea to let the other family plan members aware that you are cancelling the current plan.

Hope this help's. Let me know if you have any more quesiton's about anything 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add a Like! 

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts