School/University Search Not Working

Solved!
Highlighted

School/University Search Not Working

Casual Listener

I'm an Australian student and I've been trying to go through the verification process to renew my student discount (I had it last year but it ran out a few months ago and I'm only just getting around to sorting it out). Whenever I try to type in my university's name, nothing comes up and as soon as I click out of the box my typing disappears and resets. The dropdown box briefly displays the text 'loading...' when clicking on it but immediately disappears. 

I know my university is one that SheerID works for, or at least, it has in the past. I tried typing in other larger universities in my area to see if anything came up at all or if it was just mine, but nothing would come up for any searches. I've tried on multiple devices - iPhone and iPad in Safari and then on Macbook Air 2013 in Chrome (both regular and incognito tab) and Safari. Any advice on how to get past this issue would be a godsend - thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: School/University Search Not Working

Visitor

Hello there,

Yesterday I got in touch with SheerID about the same trouble.

Then I received the useful advice from SheerID, and I could success my verification.

So I want to share that with you!

On a computer:

1. Open the Google Chrome browser
2. Clear the cache of the browser
3. Log-in to your Spotify account
4. Submit a new request now at https://www.spotify.com and type the name of the school 

Please note that after typing in 3 or so characters, you should see a list of options, then kindly click the name of your school.

I really hope that above would make something good to you!

(Sorry for all my weird English expression because I'm Japanese)

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted

Hey there @sarah_knight!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Is it possible for you to give this a shot on a different network using this link instead to see if that makes a difference for you?

We'd also recommend turning off your VPN if you use one because that might be causing some trouble.

If the issue persists, feel fee to send us a screenshot of what you see when you try going through the process.

Keep us posted on how it goes. Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any more questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Visitor

Hi there, i have been experiencing the exact same problem as @sarah_knight and have tried all the suggested methods but none work. Some advice on this would be appreciated!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
In the end I just tried again the next day and it worked for me so
hopefully it does for you too!
Highlighted

Hello @yuhan_dance ,

Just checking if you were able renew your Premium Student discount by following the steps suggested by @Elena?

If you're still having difficulties to complete the form, this might be related to the Ongoing Issue here that our tech teams are currently looking into, in which case we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and subscribing to it so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you need more help with this.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

Casual Listener

Hi,

No I still haven't been able to register for premium student. Have tried all the tips given by Elena, no luck. And that ongoing issue page is has my post and my screenshot. Still waiting on that sweet premium 🙂

Highlighted
Solution!

Visitor

Hello there,

Yesterday I got in touch with SheerID about the same trouble.

Then I received the useful advice from SheerID, and I could success my verification.

So I want to share that with you!

On a computer:

1. Open the Google Chrome browser
2. Clear the cache of the browser
3. Log-in to your Spotify account
4. Submit a new request now at https://www.spotify.com and type the name of the school 

Please note that after typing in 3 or so characters, you should see a list of options, then kindly click the name of your school.

I really hope that above would make something good to you!

(Sorry for all my weird English expression because I'm Japanese)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Visitor

Hi I have tried this solution and not worked for me.

If anyone have any better solution, please let me know. 🙂

Highlighted

Visitor

I also have the same problem, I'm new to spotify and I want to avail the student premium offer, but no matter how many times I type on the school/university search bar, nothing pops up, I even tried typing in other schools but nothing pops up at all. I hope you could fix this since I'm looking forward to using the app. Thank you.

Highlighted

Visitor
Hello, I've been having the trouble for a while now. Every solutions given seems to not working, i've tried it all. Can you please resolve the solution? Thank you
SUGGESTED POSTS