School/University Search Not Working

Solved!

Re: School drop-down list on SheerID International verification form not working

Elektra26
Casual Listener

Hi. Just want to say that it is now working perfectly. Thank you very much for resolving the issue!!

Re: School drop-down list on SheerID International verification form not working

9vyh8ammdmpinx0
Visitor

Hi,

Tried all the solutions, different browsers, clearing the cache and private sessions and still not working for me.

Is there another solution?

Thanks

Re: No puedo añadir la universidad para renovar Premium Estudiantes

aledropez
Visitor

A mi me pasa lo mismo y lo he intentado muchas veces. Además no me avisaron cuando caducó mi licencia y me han cobrado el precio normal

Re: No puedo añadir la universidad para renovar Premium Estudiantes

grassotmarina
Casual Listener

Al final lo conseguí, lo intenté al día siguiente y me funcionó.

Muchas gracias

Re: School/University Search Not Working

Xenia

Hey everyone,

If you're still having trouble with the student verification form, we'd recommend waiting for about an hour and try again in an incognito/private window or a different browser.

In case the issue persists you can reach out to the SheerID support team here to get help with your verification.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

siantee
Visitor

Hi, the above solutions have not worked for me today, odd how it's working for some people now. Any more advice?Thanks

ta_wrdi-o0jm

im having the same issue on my phone computer different web browser and incognito, all i want to do is renew my subscription, 

Re: School/University Search Not Working

thekayari

Hello, I am having the exact same problem, and I have tried all of the suggestions, none if them worked. My discount will run out tomorrow, and I really do not want to pay the full price, as I am indeed a Student in Austria, and have gotten the discount for the previous semester. Please contact SheerID and tell them to solve this problem, especially since a lot of people are experiencing it.

It is not fair if people have to pay more because of technical issues. 

Cath1997

Hi @Petya @Billy-J @Ivan 

This is still not working, I have tried Chrome, Explorer and incognito, no luck.

What should I do?

Thanks

jnsdrtlf
Casual Listener

Figured out a workaround. It seems like SheerID has changed the way their API works. The type "UNIVERSITY" no longer exists. Instead, it is now called "POST_SECONDARY" in many cases. You can verify this by using this url:

https://orgsearch.sheerid.net/rest/organization/search?type=POST_SECONDARY&country=US&name=Michigan

Thus, the engineers at Spotify or SheerID have to change the form accordingly.

To fix this yourself, right-click the University text field and click inspect or open Developer Tools. There, find the <input> with id "organizationId" and change data-org-type="UNIVERSITY" to data-org-type="POST_SECONDARY". Clicking the arrow should now get you search results for universities.

See the screenshot below for the attribute that has to be changed.

Edit HTMLEdit HTML

SUGGESTED POSTS