Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SheerID Signup Australia not working?

SheerID Signup Australia not working?

Trying to switch to the student subscription but getting stuck on the SheerID page and wont redirect? Tried on 3 browsers and same thing. 

3 Replies

Hey there @epic_sounds, welcome to the community!

That doesn't sound good. Have you tried the process in an incognito or private window of any of your browsers? It's worth a shot. If you still have trouble, I'd recommend getting in touch with the folks on SheerID to check things on their end here.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Ok so i got an email request to "Try Again" which when click on took me to a page where i have to upload evidence of enrollment. Like a transcript, for example. After fluffing around finding document then submitting i get the following: 

"You will be contacted via email with details regarding your verification request within (3) days."

Not sure if this process is for all students but i know that its happened to a couple of others here in Australia. Not rocket science however, have been trying Apple Music with their student discount and the sign up process was instantaneous. Im guessing there is still some details from SheerID back end that need updating? 

Hmm, that doesn't look odd. Have the 3 days passed? The way I see it (I'm taking a guess here), there's some issue and SheerID needs to check some additional documents to verify your status since it's the service that verifies whether or not you have the desired status so Spotify can know if you're eligible for the discount. That's not out of the ordinary, especially if there's not another way to verify the students of a certain school instantaneously (for example, my uni doesn't provide us email addresses so, if that was how the verification worked, I'd need another way so my status could be verified). This is why, checking with SheerID would be the first step to try.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts