Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone stole my identity and inputted my information to use my student discount and now...

Someone stole my identity and inputted my information to use my student discount and now...

So I was signing up for premium using student discount, and it wasn't allowing me because it was associated with another account. I had no idea what it was talking about so I contacted support to see whats going on, and it was my idiotic **bleep**ing brother who went behind my back and inputted my information so he can get my discount on his account. So they revoked his discount and now I have it.

However, it says I will lose the discount on 9/20/2020 when I literally just signed up today on 4/8. How the **bleep** is this fair to me? Someone else committed identity theft and I am being punished for it by not getting the full 4 years of my student discount.

3 Replies

Hey @MichaelRahmani! Welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to hear about that and glad you've got your discount back in the right hands. You would need to renew the discount every 12 months in order even if this situation hadn't of happened. I'd recommend heading. You'll be able to update your student status for 12 months by heading here

Any issues, I'd recommend reaching back out to the Support team using the same method as you did before and they'll be happy to help you out.

Out of curiosity, how did you get your brother off your discount? I'm having the same problem right now and Spotify says they can't help me and I must go to SheerID. 

Hey there @samskiam!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

We're sorry for any confusion here, but if your discount is applied on a different account our support agents should be able to transfer it to the correct account.

You just need to provide them with the requested credentials and they should be able to locate your discount.

You can reach our support here.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts