Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Grayed Out

Songs Grayed Out

There are many songs in my playlists that have been grayed out and therefore are unplayable, including songs by John Powell. I have seen questions about this and answers to them have been that it is simply that those songs aren't available in your region, but I want to make sure because there are popular songs that are grayed out, and someone I know had this problem Chance the Rapper songs, the solution wasn't that the songs weren't available in his (and my) region, but that there was something up with his account that Spotify had to give him a new account and transfer his playlists and everything to the new account.

Here's a list I have compiled of just some of the songes grayed out:

* Your Song (feat. Finn Gruva & Fiji) by Drew Deezy

* White Flag (feat. Sione Toki) by Zeek Uc

* TokoUso by Drew Deezy

* 5050 (feat. Fiji & Tenelle) by Drew Deezy

* Elevator (feat. Sione Toki) by Drew Deezy

* Tanglers by John Powell

* Thinking of Marie by John Powell

* Assets and Targets by John Powell

* Waterloo by John Powell

* Coming HOme by John Powell

* Man Versus Man by John Powell

* Jason Is Reborn by John Powell

Thanks in advance.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey there @Cae-o

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

As you mentioned, the availability of Spotify content can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels.

However, if you have a reason to believe that it's an account-related issue, we suggest you try logging in with a different Spotify account on your device to check on that. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts