Free/Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System 

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I use Spotify Student for a Long Time now, every 12 months there came an E-Mail in which i was asked to verify again for the Student discount. (Via unidays)

Now That Spotify is switching to sheerID in Germany as well i received an E-Mail to verify via sheerID until 27th of October. Today is the 5th and without any further E-Mail there were 9,99€ transferred from my Bank Account. So i went on the Homepage of UniDays to update my status and it worked. But how do i get the falsely paid 5€ back?

by the way i think it is very weak that such a big company does not offer any Support Hotline or at least a german Support Chat or similar. 

Thank you in Advance for your help 

David

2 Replies

Hi!

I had the same problem today. I received an e-mail from PayPal telling me a payment of 9,99€ was authorised to Spotify. My student status is verififed on UniDays until next July, so that shouldn't be the problem.

In the e-mail that Spotify sent recently about changing to SheerID it wasn't clear to me whether or not I have to sign up to SheerID and verify my student status there as well. So far I didn't do it and I suppose that this is where the problem is. I've been looking into the issue but haven't found anything useful yet. I could've bought Premium Student again for a year but so far I didn't dare because I'm kinda scared I'll be charged twice.

Let's hope this issue will be solved quickly.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community - we'll be happy to help you out!

@DavidKoch97 - If your payment of 9.99 EUR was made up to 14 days ago, you are entitled to a refund. In order to do that, you will have to get in touch with our Customer Support team here. They'll be able to help you out, and there is also a German chat option 🙂

@novelar4stars - We recommend you also get in touch with Customer Support via the link above. Don't worry: you won't have to verify your student status through SheerID, as long as you extend your student discount with UNiDAYS by 27 October, which is when Spotify will switch over to SheerID for the verification prcoess.

Hope that makes sense!

Suggested posts