Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Student for International Students

Spotify Student for International Students

Hello,

I am a student from Turkey, studying in the United States. I wanted to get the student premium from my Turkish bank account since I don't earn in USD, however Spotify doesn't let me do that. It says on the website that international students are eligible for the student discount, but for some reason, when I go to the SheerID page I can't select US schools. I can see that many countries are available for international Turkish students such as Japan, Sweden etc., but not USA, UK or Germany, where most int Turkish students study in.

I saw another post regarding this issue from a year ago, but there wasn't a satisfying explanation for this problem. I hope you can help me. Thank you.

1 Reply

Hey @aysegulersin,

If you’re enrolled with a university that’s eligible for Spotify's student discount, you can take advantage even if you’re abroad.

However, your account’s country settings need to match the country of your university (United States), and your payment method needs to have also been issued in that same country (United States). For help with this, check out Spotify's guide to country settings.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts