Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify charges regular price instead of student discount after verification

Spotify charges regular price instead of student discount after verification

I am using Spotify student since a year. So I had to update my status, what I did. But Spotify charged me the regular premium price instead of the student price. Tried to verify again, but then it says that it’s already used. So I guess there is a Problem in the System, but I can’t reach anyone because the regular support is paused due Corona virus. 
Would be very happy about some help!

4 Replies

Hey there @Piakrueger!

When were you charged Full Price and when did you complete Re-Verification or did you get the error saying that it has already been used? 

Keep me in the loop,

Hola! 
A mi me ha estado pasando lo mismo. Yo verifique mi cuenta de estudiante desde enero... y me di cuenta que estos 3 meses (enero, febrero y marzo) me los han cobrado a precio de premuim normal e incluso, dice que mi próximo pago, o sea, el mes de abril, será de $99. 

Revise mi plan y dice que mi condición de estudiante esta verificada hasta enero del 2021. 

Entonces, ¿qué se hace con los cobros de más que me han hecho, si mi cuenta de estudiante si esta verificada?

I guess I did the re-verification in January or February and it also said that it worked and Iam now verified again. April was the first month they charged me the regular price. After that I tried to verify again, because maybe there was a problem the first time, but than it said it is already used, what is logical.

Hey!
Thanks for the information, could you double check your inbox/spam for an email from Spotify's partners at SheerID confirming your verification. If you can trace this could you try clicking the link in the email and see if things get back on track? 🙂

If things still are not working, if you could send me a screenshot with any senstive information hidden with the error and I'll check this out!

Best,

Suggested posts