Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify student only used once but getting error message "You have already redeemed this offer."

Spotify student only used once but getting error message "You have already redeemed this offer."

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

U.K

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I've only used my spotify student premium once from dec 17 to dec 18, now when iItry to redeem the offer it then says "You have already redeemed this offer." Can someone help? 

spotifyhelp.PNG
3 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for coming to the Community, I have a couple of questions for you in order to assist you better:

1. When did you last verified your Student Plan?
  2. Where did you find the link - Spotify website or e-mail?

Thanks! 🙂

1. I activated premium for students on december 2017

2. The link was from the official spotify website - https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/verification/

Are spotify employees likely to see and reply to any topics made on this forum? 

Hey @istanjc.

Thanks for getting back to us!

If you've had the Student Discount from December 2017 till December 2018 then you should be able to reverify for another year of discount. If you are getting the error message that your credentials have already been used on an account, then it's likely that this is the case.

Log in on our website and see if you can see that the discount has been applied to your account. It doesn't matter if you are Free of Premium; You should be able to see if your account is verified as a student. If you don't see this, then it's likely that there is another account out there that has your discount on it. This could be a second account (you might not know about) or the account from another person (perhaps you had yourself verified while accidentally being logged in with the account from a family member of friend).

Take a look at this article as it will help you to locate any extra accounts you might have. It's very easy to create an account with us so we've seen users in the past that had two accounts but had no idea about this.

If you have no luck finding out on which account the discount is applied, get in touch with SheerID as they should be able to see which account has your discount applied to it.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions and we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts