Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount - Approved for discount, but cannot get due to previously using trial period

Student Discount - Approved for discount, but cannot get due to previously using trial period

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung S7

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have been approved for the student discount, but because I have used the 3 month premium trial in the past, I am unable to sign up. I get redirected to the "Change your Plan" tab, but because there is no link to simply sign up for Premium for Students without a 3-month trial, I get nowhere. Is there not some liink somewhere that exists for me to sign up without attempting to sign up for the trial. If I just sign up for regular premium will my Student Discount status mean that I get that discount. 

If no one knows, is there a way to contact Spotify? This has been quite frustrating. I see other people in the forum board with the same issue and no one seems to have an answer for them.

2 Replies

Hey @somedingus 

Try using this site to validate.

If it succeeds, when you log back in your Spotify account, and look under the subscription tab the price will change for your upcoming renewal date.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, I am having the same issue the user above is dealing with. I clicked the site you provided but the site states it's for students in the US and I live in Canada and am attending college. So it doesn't work when I attempt to use the site to fix my problem.

Suggested posts