NEXT STEP

Student Discount No Longer Verified

Student Discount No Longer Verified

Plan

Premium-Student

Country

United States

My Question or Issue

I have had the student discount for a year and it has reverted back to the normal price.  When I try to re-verify, it says my school is not eligible even though I have not changed universities from last year.  

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

After 12 months of having student premium you need to reverify that you're a student. Have your tried reapplying for Premium for students from over here?

Have a wonderful day!

Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program

I have tried that.  It claims my school isn't eligible, even though it was eligible last year.

Hi

If your college/university doesn’t appear on the list provided, you can request SheerID to get it added. Just fill in this form and SheerID will email you if it’s accepted to the approved list. Just so you know this process can take a minimum of 30 days. 

I'll also ask backstage about this and I'll keep you informed!

Hope this helps 🙂

Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program

Thanks, I attempted to request SheerID add my college.  However, United States is not on their dropdown list of countries.

I'm also still confused as to why my school was eligible last year and not anymore.

Hey @drhockey14,

Thanks for your reply.

We recommend you contact SheerID about this. They'll be able to help and give you more information on this 🙂

Good luck! Have a nice day.

Hey, same problem.... I was overcharged but my account is still valid / has the student discount applied. How do I get a refund ?

Hey @dan1el2.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community about this.

Don't worry - if you've signed up for the Student Discount already, it should be applied to your account. We suggest you get in touch with our Customer Support team here so that they can take a look backstage and see what's happening. They should be able to sort things out for you.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here if you need anything else 🙂

Suggested posts