Student Discount SheerID not working

Highlighted

Student Discount SheerID not working

dinosgoroar
Casual Listener

Hi, 

I'm trying to switch from my normal Premium to student Premium (canada). My university is listed in the options but once I finish filling up the information, it takes me to another page that says "I'll be sent to my school portal to verify" I don't think SheerID is working since I wasn't sent to my school portal at all. I tried it on Chrome, Internet Explorer multiple times.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Update: All my friends tried getting their student subscription and they didn't face any problems. 

19 Replies

Re: Student Discount SheerID not working

MaryS
Roadie

Hi there,

This is being looked into. Please add your details here so we can pass on your information to the relevant team.

In the meantime, can you try clearing your internet browsing history and trying things once more while in incognito mode? Please also make sure that pop-up is enabled.

Thanks!

dinosgoroar
Casual Listener

Hi,  

So I tried what you said. I cleared my browser history and tried it in incognito mode but it doesn't work still. Now, whenever I try it says my bank is having a bad day. My friend is in the same bank as me, but his went through just fine. 

Also, what details do I put in the comments?

SLENDY123
The exact same thing happened to me and I was charged the 5 euro and got no receipt for it! I don't know where to go from here because I don't want to put in my payment details again and be charged again for nothing

MaryS
Roadie

Hello dinosgoroar,

Thanks for trying those steps. We're still looking into things as we speak, we'll be sure to let you know here once we have some news.

As for receiving the bad day error message when trying to sign up, have you tried checking these requirements to make a payment?

MaryS
Roadie

Hey SLENDY123,

Don't worry! A pending charge is just part of your bank’s authorization process. If the transaction isn’t successfully completed, no money will actually be taken and the funds will reappear on your statement.

Check this link for more info: http://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/managing_payments/pending-charges/.

dinosgoroar
Casual Listener
I contacted SheerID and they verified me. They said I'll recieve a confirmation email though, but I still haven't gotten it. Does that mean it went through and i don't have to try again? My bank didn't get charged yet too.
Screenshot_2017-04-20-13-55-10.png

dinosgoroar
Casual Listener

I just checked my account and I got it fixed now, thank you for the help.

torokkrisz
Casual Listener

I think I have the same issue. I did the SheerID verification process, they sent me an e-mail, that I am verfied and I'm only a few clicks away from the Student Premium. Unfortunatelly I can't complete the purchase, because it always brings up a "new purchase screen". I have tried clearing my internet browsing history, and tried it in incognito mode as well (also pop-up is enabled).

If there any solution please share us.

MaryS
Roadie

Hey torokkrisz,

Just click Complete Purchase from SheerIDs email, it would take you to our purchase panel where you'll need to enter your card details again. It should work perferctly!

If you need more help, let me know here.

SUGGESTED POSTS