Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount SheerID not working

Student Discount SheerID not working

Hi, 

I'm trying to switch from my normal Premium to student Premium (canada). My university is listed in the options but once I finish filling up the information, it takes me to another page that says "I'll be sent to my school portal to verify" I don't think SheerID is working since I wasn't sent to my school portal at all. I tried it on Chrome, Internet Explorer multiple times.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Update: All my friends tried getting their student subscription and they didn't face any problems. 

19 Replies

Hi there,

This is being looked into. Please add your details here so we can pass on your information to the relevant team.

In the meantime, can you try clearing your internet browsing history and trying things once more while in incognito mode? Please also make sure that pop-up is enabled.

Thanks!

Hi,  

So I tried what you said. I cleared my browser history and tried it in incognito mode but it doesn't work still. Now, whenever I try it says my bank is having a bad day. My friend is in the same bank as me, but his went through just fine. 

Also, what details do I put in the comments?

The exact same thing happened to me and I was charged the 5 euro and got no receipt for it! I don't know where to go from here because I don't want to put in my payment details again and be charged again for nothing

Hello dinosgoroar,

Thanks for trying those steps. We're still looking into things as we speak, we'll be sure to let you know here once we have some news.

As for receiving the bad day error message when trying to sign up, have you tried checking these requirements to make a payment?

Hey SLENDY123,

Don't worry! A pending charge is just part of your bank’s authorization process. If the transaction isn’t successfully completed, no money will actually be taken and the funds will reappear on your statement.

Check this link for more info: http://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/managing_payments/pending-charges/.

I contacted SheerID and they verified me. They said I'll recieve a confirmation email though, but I still haven't gotten it. Does that mean it went through and i don't have to try again? My bank didn't get charged yet too.
Screenshot_2017-04-20-13-55-10.png

I just checked my account and I got it fixed now, thank you for the help.

I think I have the same issue. I did the SheerID verification process, they sent me an e-mail, that I am verfied and I'm only a few clicks away from the Student Premium. Unfortunatelly I can't complete the purchase, because it always brings up a "new purchase screen". I have tried clearing my internet browsing history, and tried it in incognito mode as well (also pop-up is enabled).

If there any solution please share us.

Hey torokkrisz,

Just click Complete Purchase from SheerIDs email, it would take you to our purchase panel where you'll need to enter your card details again. It should work perferctly!

If you need more help, let me know here.

I have tried it, but after I click on Complete Purchase, entered my card details again, I have to verify again with SheerID. After I enter my "school details", it says "You have already redeemed this offer."

Thanks for your help!

Capture.JPG

Hello again torokkrisz,

Thanks for letting me know whats happening exactly. The right folks are looking into things for you, don't worry.

We'll let you know here once we have some news. Thanks for bearing with us!

Hello

Iam from Brazil and I have the same problem. I enter with my informations to get in to premium student acount and I did the verification process in SheerID, they send me an email that I am verified too, but when I click in "complete purchase" bring me to spotify in a new purchase screen , where I have to put my card information again .. After that I had to verify again in SheerID and nothing happend ..
What I do?

Hi

I did the SheerID verification process, they sent me an e-mail, that I am verfied and I'm only a few clicks away from the Student Premium. Unfortunatelly I can't complete the purchase, because it always brings up a "new purchase screen". And I have the recipt from the bank and I have been charge twice. 

Please help 

By the way I'm from México, so I don't know if this affects the process

HELP!

Hi,

Today I have recieved a new SheerID e-mail, with a new link. Now it's all working 🙂

Thanks for all the help!

Hi! I got my verification email from SheerId, and the charge is already on my card, but when I click on the link that says "Complete purchase", it tells me that the page doesn't exist, so I can't complete it, and my account still appears as Free.

my student documents were verified already by sheerid and i am eligible for student promo. i was advised to go back to spotify. i did it but it repeats the whole process. how can i proceed to activate this student promo

Hi, sorry i can't be polite, im.prety pissed, I have applied for student discount while I was having the premium, right before thr end of the month, i was charged the payment for the student account, in the meantime the premium tried to charge for the premium account but there was no money in that account, i am stuck with a free account now but was charged the student fee but the account doesn't work. I got a link from this sheerid **bleep** which leads to nothing, what should I do?

Screenshot_20171128-153439.png
Screenshot_20171128-153458.png

Hi i have been waiting for the Student Premium Accound to be confirmed for two weeks now. I have already been charged twice for this but I still have a free account. Please let me know what i need to do.

Suggested posts