Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount international student

Solved!

Student Discount international student

Good afternoon.

At the moment I'm a visiting student at a Canadian University.

I would like to subscrive for a premium student account but, whenever I put my credit card credentials (it is an European crediti card) the system said that the credit card doesn't match the country.

So, I have changed the Country to my own but the price is higher for month.

Now my question is: is it impossible for me to have a canadian account? Or do I have to sign in with my italian university even if I will stay there in Canada for almost a year?

At the moment I have started the procedure with the italian system just because the procedure is long (28 days).

Thanks to whom can answer me and give me some information 🙂

Roberta

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Roberta_89,

If you’re enrolled with a university that’s eligible for Spotify's student discount, you can take advantage even if you’re abroad.

Your account’s country settings need to match the country of your university, and your payment method needs to have also been issued in that same country. For help with this, check out the guide for country settings: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_basics/how-can-i-change-my-country-setting/.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Roberta_89,

If you’re enrolled with a university that’s eligible for Spotify's student discount, you can take advantage even if you’re abroad.

Your account’s country settings need to match the country of your university, and your payment method needs to have also been issued in that same country. For help with this, check out the guide for country settings: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_basics/how-can-i-change-my-country-setting/.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts