Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount not Applied

Solved!

Student Discount not Applied

I resubscribed to the Student Discounted Spotify back around October. For some reason, the discount has not been applied and for the past two statements I have been paying 9.99 instead of 4.99. 

I would like to know how to remedy this, and if I can get the $10 Ive been overcharged either refunded or applied as credit to later months.

Thank you very much,

Travis

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

LG G6

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tribtrav.

Thanks for getting back to us - glad we could help 🙂

The reason why it's only 10 months is probably to do with the fact that you had activated your student discount a couple of months ago, but for some reason it wasn't applied to your account.

If you would like to get more information on this, we suggest that you get in touch with our Customer Support team here. They will be able to give you a bit more insight into what happened backstage,, since they have access to your account details.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here.

@linda5676 - we suggest you check out this support link, which should be able to help you solve your issue.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @tribtrav.

Welcome to the Community. We're happy to help you out 🙂     

It seems your Student Discount expired. This happens after 12 months. Spotify sends an email to notify that your discount is about to end in a few days.

If you didn't receive that email, or if you missed it, you can just reactivate the discount here.     

You can read more on the Student Discount here.     

Hope this helped! Have a nice day 🙂

Daisy,

I appreciate the help. I did use the link you provided and reactivated the discount. 

The reason for my confusion is that I had already done this (renewed the discount) back around October or so when I got the email from Spotify notifying me that the original discount had expired. 

Again, this is why I was surprised that I had been billed the $9.99 for the two months AFTER renewing the discount. 

I don't know if my renewal back around October just didn't go through or something?

I am also confused about the expiry date I have just been given as seen in the attached screenshot. If this is yyyy-mm-dd why is it a 10 month period? 

Thanks again,

Travis

Screenshot (199).png

someone can help me about why I don't get premiun subscription for students

Marked as solution

Hey @tribtrav.

Thanks for getting back to us - glad we could help 🙂

The reason why it's only 10 months is probably to do with the fact that you had activated your student discount a couple of months ago, but for some reason it wasn't applied to your account.

If you would like to get more information on this, we suggest that you get in touch with our Customer Support team here. They will be able to give you a bit more insight into what happened backstage,, since they have access to your account details.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here.

@linda5676 - we suggest you check out this support link, which should be able to help you solve your issue.

The Spotify Premium Student plan states students are eligible for up to 4 years. There was a lapse in my schooling, which resulted in me returning to the regular Premium plan. Therefore, I have only received 31 months (of the 48 month offer) of the Premium Student plan according to my statements and receipts. My Premium Student plan is scheduled to expire 01/26/2022. I would like to have an extension, as I have not graduated nor have I used the complete offer of the plan. I can continue to supply verification that I am indeed a student and am still eligible for the student discount.

That's gonna be with spotify support.**bleep**

Suggested posts