Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Hulu + Spotify NOT working

Student Hulu + Spotify NOT working

Hello,

I am enrolled in the spotify for students plan. I just tried adding hulu, but it actually cancelled my previous hulu subscription and says there is an error when i try to subsribe to hulu through the spotify link.

How do i resolve this?

13 Replies

Hulu is at fault and they didn't fix it for me even after hours of work. 

Hey @embermorgan and @Fredflint2! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

What error does the website give you? If you already had a Hulu subscription, it will automatically cancel it, so you won't pay the double. Ideally it should cancel it right before you successfully added Hulu to your account. 

If you liked my post: Feed my ego with likes 😄
If this post has solved your issue: Please accept this as Solution
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rising Star | Rock Star Program
Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

I'm having the same issue, once I attempt to access Hulu through the Spotify page I'm directed to the Hulu login page. When I attempt to log in, I receive the following message "We’re having trouble authorizing your account with Spotify. Please contact Spotify support to help resolve this issue."

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

If you were already paying for Hulu, then you'll need to cancel your Hulu subscription. Once it's cancelled, you'll need to wait for your Hulu account to revert to free before you can link it with your student discount.

Tell me if thiggs don't work out as expected.

Have a nice day 🙂
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

If you were already paying for Hulu, then you'll need to cancel your Hulu subscription. Once it's cancelled, you'll need to wait for your Hulu account to revert to free before you can link it with your student discount.

Tell me if things don't work out as expected.

Have a nice day 🙂

Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

I'm not currently paying for a subscription, but I still get the same error message "We’re having trouble authorizing your account with Spotify. Please contact Spotify support to help resolve this issue." When I try to access from the Spotify page. When I try to access directly through Hulu, it asks me to subscribe.

Hi to everyone! Please read my message above. If that doesn't apply to you, then look at this message.

Usually these kind of things happen, because of your web browsers cache. So try doing the following things:

Try opening Hulu in a private/incognito tab.
If that doesn't work, change browser and clear both browsers cache.
Lastly if that doesn't work either, try opening Hulu on another device, that should do the trick!

If there's still a problem, please try on another connection (e.g. WiFi -> Cellular Data). 

Tell me how things work out 🙂

Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

So after trying all of the options you've provided, I'm still unable to access Hulu, whenever I log into Hulu it directs em to sign up for a subscription to Hulu.

Hi Guys! Merry Christmas!
In this case I would advise you to get in contact with our support team. You should try contacting SpotifyCares through either of these:

Tell them what's going on and your username and they'll solve it! 🙂
Cheers!

Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

Did anyone find a solution to this. How come spotify isn't communicating with hulu to fix this. I dont think it should be that hard especially since it's being advertised as a package deal... seems a little bit like fraud. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 4.39.35 PM.png

I'm having similar issues. Everytime try to log into Hulu through Spotify, it will show my Hulu profile page for maybe 3 seconds then refresh to the log in page again. I pay for Hulu + Spotify premium and I have yet to be able to access my Hulu account.

Does this help?

So try doing the following things:

• Try opening the link in a private/incognito tab.

• If that doesn't work, change browser and clear both browsers cache.

Lastly if that doesn't work either, try opening the webpage on another device, that should do the trick!

Tell me how things work out 🙂

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program
Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

Contact Spotify support on Twitter, they’ll fix it directly.

Suggested posts