Student Subscription Issue

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Samsung Galaxy A70

My Question or Issue

I've verified my college ID for student discount subscription. Everything is okay. But, when redirected to payment page(HDFC Debit Card) it's showing only 2 rupees as payable. In actual 59 rupees, so Spotify isn't able to get required fare, thus denying the payment. So, I've been using student prepaid every month. I forgot most of the times to renew, library gets deleted. I've to download them again, which is annoying. I've tried with other cards, same again. I need a solution?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've tried from different browsers and devices i.e desktop, mobile. Tried every possible way... I think this a sorta fraud. I'm gonna switch to Jiosaavn or apple music. Today my prepaid subscription ends.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @ShivasaiNelluri,

Thanks for posting here! 

You should be able to pay with VISA, Mastercard, UPI, or through PAYTM. You can see the payment methods available to you on your account page.

Using UPI/PayTM in India means you can only pay-as-you-go (one month at a time). 

Can you go on a Desktop device and try subscribing withe the help of this link -  https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/ ?

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Marked as solution

I've tried from different browsers and devices i.e desktop, mobile. Tried every possible way... I think this a sorta fraud. I'm gonna switch to Jiosaavn or apple music. Today my prepaid subscription ends.

Hey there @ShivasaiNelluri,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this!

You mentioned in your original message that you're using a debit card to upgrade. Just to confirm, does your card allow for recurring payments?

If you aren't sure, we'd recommend reaching out to your bank so that they can take a closer look and enable it, if necessary. They'll be also able to double-check for you why you're not seeing the right amount of funds when trying to upgrade.

If you're still having troubles after that, it'd be useful if you could send us a screenshot of the error message you see when trying to upgrade - just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info displayed. We'd also recommend giving it a try using a different internet connection after checking this support site article.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts