Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Verification Issue

Student Verification Issue

Plan: Premium Student

My Question or Issue

I have been using Spotify on a Premium Student plan for the last 2 years. This year however, I have been asked to verify my status through SheerID and it is a complete nightmare. I have no idea why the verification process can no longer be done through NUS or UniDays but stopping this was the worst decision. I tried 4 times to verify through logging onto my student portal when I first received my email to renew a few weeks ago. This did not work so I contacted the Spotify customer help team and was told I would have to wait until 7 days before my previous verification expired. So I I waited and now I still can't verify my student status. I have tried again to log onto my student portal 3 times with no luck. Therefore, I decided my only option was to upload documentation to prove that I am enrolled at my University. At this point I have uploaded 6 different documents, all of which fill the requirements (first and last name, date, Uni name, and course I am enrolled on), and yet every time I am told that it was unsuccessful. I've contacted SheerID only to be told that my documents mustn't meet the requirements. I have checked multiple times and they all 100% do. Obviously Spotify doesn't mind losing customers as I have come across many other people also having issues with verification but nothing seems to have been done. At this point I have ran out of options and will most likely have to go to another music streaming app... a more affordable one. As a full time student I simply dont have the money to be spending £10 a month on music when I should be getting a discount. 

1 Reply

Hey @tanyaalys

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble renewing your discount. 

Currently, we only work with Sheer ID who are helping us with the verification process. 

If you try renewing your student discount too early, it's possible that the system won't let you do that. However, in case your discount will expire soon and you're still unable to renew, we'd recommend that you contact Sheer ID again. They should be able to give you more info about the process and about the documents that need to be uploaded. 

When you've successfully applied to renew the discount, you need to receive a confirmation email from Sheer ID and just follow the steps in it.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here if you have any questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts