Student Verification

Student Verification

Plan

Free/Premium

Device

LG V40 ThinQ

Operating System

Android Oreo

I'm trying to sign-up for the student plan on spotify but the verification system says that they can't verify me so I'm not sure where to go from here. I sent in a manual one but that takes a few days. I'm wondering why I wouldn't be accepted since I really wanna start listening to music. 

2 Replies

Hey there @SB60,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

We'd first recommend checking the following:

• You haven’t already claimed the discount on another Spotify account. 
  • Your school is listed. If you didn’t see your school in the list during sign up, you won't be eligible right now.
  • You haven’t exceeded the 4-year limit. The discount lasts 12 months at a time, with the option to renew a maximum of 3 times as long as you're eligible.

Keep in mind that we verify your student status through a third-party service called SheerID

If you're having troubles with the verification process, we'd suggest taking a look at SheerID's student support page for more info.

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can lend a hand with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

None of things you listed in your reply are things that I have done that would cause problems with my account. This is the first time trying to use it and my college is listed. Every time I try it just says unable to do it and problem verifying details, check details again. Idk what this means but I shouldnt have a problem. Apple verified me in an instant so im tempted to just do that instead.

Suggested posts