Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student account and gift card

Solved!

Student account and gift card

Hello,

I bought my girlfriend a €30 gift card. 

Now, she has already a student account working, and the gift card cannot be used for that. 

If she uses the gift card, she starts a 3 months Premium account, so my question is:

When these 3 moths are over, will she be able to go back to a Student Account and have the usual 50% off?

Thank you for the support. Andrea

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Andrea!

Based on how the discount works, your girlfriend would need to switch to regular Premium if she wants to activate the gift card now.
My personal recommendation is to use the gift card after her student rate expires since Spotify requires re-validation every 12 months to remain on the program. They send email notice when they are about to do so - and then the account is switched to regular Premium until re-verified.
But she should still be able to join the student plan again as long as she is still eligible. There is a chance of delay though with the verification process - which is why it could be better to wait for the expiration period.
A really helpful FAQ is posted here - if you have more questions around the offer.

Hopefully this helps! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi Andrea!

Based on how the discount works, your girlfriend would need to switch to regular Premium if she wants to activate the gift card now.
My personal recommendation is to use the gift card after her student rate expires since Spotify requires re-validation every 12 months to remain on the program. They send email notice when they are about to do so - and then the account is switched to regular Premium until re-verified.
But she should still be able to join the student plan again as long as she is still eligible. There is a chance of delay though with the verification process - which is why it could be better to wait for the expiration period.
A really helpful FAQ is posted here - if you have more questions around the offer.

Hopefully this helps! 🙂

Suggested posts