NEXT STEP

Student discount and listing problems

Student discount and listing problems

Plan

Student

Country

France

Device

Xperia aqua (android) + asus pc (win 10)

I got a problem with my student discount account. I try to understand if it's different than premium because on my account I can't listen an artist unless interruption by another music chosen by spotify (who else ?) and denominated by "radio of" or "linking". I don't care about listening something else, I just want to listen what I choose.

Second point, when there is a single I don't want to listen, after 5 or more, it become impossible to me to pass to the next single ! How it'll be possible ?

It happened on my phone, less on my computer.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Hey @Thalestris, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with listening on your account. We'll see if we can help.

Can you give us a bit more info on exactly what's going on when you try listening to a track?

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Problem acts only on my phone. On it, when I selected an artist/album I want to listen and started listening the first song of the album, at the end of this song spotify selected automaticly an another song to continu. Not the second one of the album, just an another. If I pass it, sometimes I can continu on the album I selected at the begining, sometimes not. If I pass "too much" song to selected something I'd like, sometimes spotify impeach me to continu and I have to listen a song I didn't choose until the end.

Is that clear ? I'm not sure my english is correctly understanding ^^

Hey @Thalestris.

Thanks for clarifying!

It sounds like you're on the Free tier. When you're on the Free version, you have a limited amount of skips. Also, you get Suggested Tracks.

If you'd like to have unlimited skips and on-demand listening, check out Spotify Premium

If you're already Premium and you're having this issue, try logging out and back in a few times to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Suggested posts