Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount from a US school outside of the US

Student discount from a US school outside of the US

Hello!

I am a Spanish student going to Berklee College of Music campus in Valencia, Spain.

I am trying to get the student discount but SheerID wouldn't let me choose United States as the country where I go to school in since I'm in Spain now. When I choose Spain as the country that I go to school in, Berklee doesn't show up as an option.

I think I would need to choose the US and then Berklee as my options but I can't.

Any idea if this can be fixed?

Thank you!

2 Replies

Hey @Eledm ,

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

If you’re in higher education but your college/university isn’t on the list, you can request for it to be added here.

Spotify's verification partner SheerID will email you if it’s accepted. This can take a minimum of 30 days.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @Eledm,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

To add to what @Maxim mentioned, keep in mind that your account’s country settings need to match the country of your university.

You also need to use a payment method issued in that country. 

This would explain why you're having troubles choosing the US at the moment if you're in Spain.

In this case, we'd suggest following the steps @Maxim provided above to request your university to be added. Once it is, you should be able to apply the student discount on your Spotify account.

There's more info on this here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts