Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount removed even though I have documented my enrollment?

Student discount removed even though I have documented my enrollment?

Plan

Student Premium / (now Duo)

Country

Denmark

Device

(iPhone 6)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify,

I am a very satisfied customer who have been using your product for a long time.

I have previously verified myself as a university student twice, in order to be eligible for the student premium.

However while changing my plan to a duo premium today I noticed that since october 2018 you have billed me for the full premium amount which is now 16 months.

That is 99 DKK instead of 49 DKK. This totally amounts to 800 DKK which is quite a lot.

I was simply wondering if yiu made a clerical error and if you please would return the amount since this obviously is a mistake.

The billing from my account has been attached

Best regards

[snip - Community Moderator edit]

2 Replies

The student discount only lasts for a year and you may have forgotten to renew. Or, you may have it on another account that's why you were charged the regular rate.

Hi there @Scsk,

Thanks for reaching out here!

Being charged with the Premium price instead of Premium Student can happen due to the following reasons: 

• The student discount that is valid for 12 months, expired and hasn't been renewed. 

• Or the student discount was verified through SheerID but hasn't been activated on the Spotify account.

Bear in mind that there's a difference between verifying your student discount via SheerID and activating it in your Spotify account.

Here's what you need to know so you can get the Premium Student price applied to your account:

1. You must first verify yourself as a student through SheerID.

2. Then, you must update your payment details so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount). For this, try entering your uni email address and password. If that doesn't do it, try with the Spotify email and password.

3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check your subscription page.

You cannot get a refund if you've been charged with the regular price and 14 days have passed. It's our users' responsibility to check the status of their subscription. 

We also send an email with a note that the notification is about to expire before it does. If you haven't seen anything like that, you can check your spam folder and if the correct email is linked to your account. 

Hope this sheds light on the subject. Let us know if we can help with anything else 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts