Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount

Student discount

Last month I sent in the pdf for the student discount as spotify cancelled mine. 1 month later, I still got charged the full price, no contact from spotify about what happened. Can someone from the team help me?

And yes, I do expect a refund on being overcharged as I have not heard from you guys in the last month despite sending in the required doco.

3 Replies

Hey there @emzda

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Premium Student is valid for up to 12 months from the date you subscribed. When the discount expires, your subscription automatically continues at the standard rate for Premium Individual unless you cancel or apply for another year (with a 4 year limit). 

Student discount users receive a warning email 1 month before the offer expires. The email includes instructions on how to reactivate the Premium Student and continue paying the discounted price. Once you’ve done so, you can go to your account page and scroll down to Your plan - here you’ll see the updated price of your subscription. 

Here you can read more about Spotify's refund policy. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

As I said in my original post, I reapplied for the student discount 1 month ago and have not heard back from you guys since, yet you still charged me the full price. 

I already sent in all the documents 1 month ago and assumed I got the student discount already. Can you get someone to check my account

Hello @emzda,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties renewing your Student discount, but no worries - help's on the way!

If you've already received an email from SheerID confirming your student status, you can start off by trying to open the link in that email in an incognito or private window, preferably on a desktop device, to activate your discount.

In case that doesn't do the trick, we recommend you try applying for the Student discount again here.

In order to renew the discount, you can either log into your college/uni's portal or upload proof of your enrollment, to verify your Student status again. If you upload proof of enrollment, you need to wait for SheerID to email you with your eligibility status. This can take a few days. When you try to reapply for the discount again, while your verification is still in process, you'll see the message that this offer has already been used.

If you're still having difficulties verifying your student status with SheerID, we suggest you take a look at their Student Support Page or get in touch with them so that they can check your status again. 

Keep in mind that your student discount is not automatically activated upon approval of your student verification request. You will need to click on the link that was sent to your email to get your Premium Student subscription running again.

For full info on Premium Student you can visit this support page.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts