Country

Austria

Device

HTC 10, Lenovo Yoga 900

Operating System

Android 8.0.0, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi!

Years ago I gifted a year of Spotify Premium (regular version) to a friend and paid through my PayPal account. At that time I could only pick a plan that had 3 months premium for free before you started paying. After that year we transfered the whole account to him so he could pay himself from then on.

Well, now that I want to use spotify myself, I have sent in the necessary information to get Premium for Students and have been approved. However, every time I try to add my PayPal information, I get sent back and a red message appears that says I have already used the test offer (3 months free) and thus cannot use it again. I do not own a credit card, so PayPal is my only option.

I would be happy to skip the free months and start paying immediately, but I cannot find any way to get Premium For Students without the 3 month trial.

Is there a way to get that plan witout the trial and would that allow me to pay for it through my PayPal?

Also: The receipts  on my account just say "no receipts found"

Thank you for reading and thank you for (hopefully) helping!

Have a wonderful day!

5 Replies

Hey @Anna998 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you try opening the payment page in an incognito window or in a different browser? Maybe that'll help.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried multiple different browsers with normal and incognito windows and it didn'd work.
I also tried making a new account and adding my paypal there, but it also didn't work.
It keeps saying that I have "already used a test offer, but I can of course still use Spotifx Premium for Students" and when I click on that it still doesn't work.
I'm really lost here.

See title.

I varified my student status, but the only option I see is a free month trial after which the student premium starts. Used a free month trial before and I don't seem to be able to just get the student premium on its own

Hey there @Anna998,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, have you tried upgrading from here in an incognito or private window in your browser and select Spotify for Students from the available options? 

Keep in mind that you'll need to log in using your account's login details.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey there @atomfried,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Could you give a try to the steps mentioned above and let us know if the issue persists after that? 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply. Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts