Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Students discount cancelled and says I have can not verify again due to same person limit

Students discount cancelled and says I have can not verify again due to same person limit

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 8+

Macbook Pro iOS 10

My Question or Issue

As of the 21/7/2019 I began using the student discount, and as of last month I was charged the full amount without being told my plan had changed. I don't know why the student plan is not working anymore as I have not been using it for even a year and of course am still at university. I tried signing up for it again and went through the process of logging in through my university however it brought be back to the beginning page of sheerID and says "person may not verify again because of same person verification limit". Is someone able to please help me change my plan back as it is a big different in cost that in these times I will not be able to afford for much longer.

3 Replies

Hey there @Alyssa9099

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

If you notice you've been charged the full Premium amount without the student discount being applied it's possible you didn't renew the discount offer. Premium Student is valid for up to 12 months from the date you subscribed. When the discount expires, your subscription automatically continues at the standard rate for Premium Individual unless you cancel or apply for another year (with a 4 year limit). You can renew your discount anytime here.   

Student discount users receive a warning email 1 month before the offer expires. The email includes instructions on how to reactivate the Premium Student offer and continue paying the discounted price.

In case you still get an error message from SheerID we recommend getting in touch directly with them in order to check what might be causing this. You can contact SheerID here

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hi @Ivan

I have the same issue as the OP.

I tried the link, it takes me to SheerID verification but then after I complete all steps it redirects me back to the "Tell us about yourself" page on Spotify and this time with a red warning label saying "Person may not verify again because of same person verification limit." 

Hi Ivan,

I'm also having the same problem. While I'm still enrolled in uni and trying to renew my discount, I get an error message (as shown below)

Annotation 2020-07-05 203228.png

Suggested posts