Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Terrible service

Terrible service

I live and study United States.
Last weekend, I tried to upgrade my Spotify account to Premium, because soon I will travel and premium would be a better service for the moment.
However, I only had problems. Firstly, I have always used my student ID to use the discounts available to students in many shops and I have never had any problems. The spotify platform did not recognize my ID, I had to do the "registration" manually. On the site said that after this process the upgrade would be done in 1 hour, or within 12 hours but I waited more than two days and had no feedback.

In order to get to the stage of registering my ID, I had to make three attempts to register my credit card. At the end of the whole process, I saw on my account that the 3x attempts had been charged at $ 4.99.
My experience with Spotify services was terrible! I was unable to upgrade with my student ID, but I was charged 3 times the student fee. I had a stressful experience and I just lost money and time!!

I gave priority to using Spotify to be a worldwide music platform with great services, but my experience does not prove it!
After all, I came back to the official website, I did not find any way to talk to someone to solve my problem, I found only standard answers to questions that did not solve my problem!

Terrible service!!! I want to resolve this to decide whether or not I will continue to use Spotify!

1 Reply

Hey @leticiaccsantos

Sorry to hear about this problem.

No worries, those charges should disappear soon if they are pending.

No matter if student verification was successful or failed, a temporary charge goes through. These are only temporary charges on your credit card and they should disappear in a few days. The only charge that you actually have to pay for is if you were successfully verified for the student discount.

If you're still having trouble verifying the student discount,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet or DM @SpotifyCares on Twitter or send a message to Spotify Cares on Facebook.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts