Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to re-activate Premium for Students

Solved!

Trying to re-activate Premium for Students

Hello all!

I had premium for students from October 2018 - 2019, but I forgot to renew it come November 2019. Now I cannot redeem the student deal at all because it claims that I already have even though I only used 1 of the 4 years they offer. 

Help me please!!! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Julia--K,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Can you please access your e-mail and run a search with the keyword "SheerID"? The results should include e-mails from our third-party verification provider SheerID. Once you find the e-mail stating that you've verified yourself as a student, you need to follow the instructions included there. 

Make sure you try this with both your personal and your university e-mail-address, if available. Once you have followed all the steps, you'll activate the student discount on your Spotify account and start paying half the price.   

That's it! Let us know if you have any more questions 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Julia--K,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Can you please access your e-mail and run a search with the keyword "SheerID"? The results should include e-mails from our third-party verification provider SheerID. Once you find the e-mail stating that you've verified yourself as a student, you need to follow the instructions included there. 

Make sure you try this with both your personal and your university e-mail-address, if available. Once you have followed all the steps, you'll activate the student discount on your Spotify account and start paying half the price.   

That's it! Let us know if you have any more questions 🙂

amazing thank you so much!

Dear Ivan,

I have the identical problem, however, I just realised that SheerID sent the email not to my membership email but the student one. The problem is it has been 6 months so the link on the Sheer ID email doesn't work anymore. When I try to re-send Spotify my student certificate, the website responds by saying I have already used this offer. There has to be a way out of this because I have renewed my Student Premium only for 1 year and I am still a student. Can you please help?

Best regards

Hey there @hursuoke,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

If the link is no longer active, we'd suggest you head here and request a new link. Then you can click on the link in order to activate the discount. The last step will be to go here and update the payment details. The changes should take effect from your next billing date. 

Hope this helps. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts