Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to renew student discount, but it has already been consumed.

Trying to renew student discount, but it has already been consumed.

Hellu! 

A few weeks ago I got a message from Spotify telling me that I had to renew my student discount. I am a student for another 3 years (swedish student) and have only been able to get the discount for like 1,5 year or something. 

Problem starts when I try to renew it. At first it says that I am able to renew my student subscription. But then my wifi kind of dies when I click "renew" (or something like that), so I have to do it all over again. Thing is, when I am to try again its says that I have already consumed my student renewal, but in fact it never renewed and my account is soon about to be converted into a regular one. 

How can fix this?

I am thankful for any help that I can get (dont want to have to pay dubble the price for three full years) and I really enjoy using spotify and would be really sad if I had to stream my music from somewhere else.

Kind regards - Ville, swedish student addicted to music.  

3 Replies

Hey @Villenyberg.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like you already applied the Student Discount to your account, or you still have discount applied to your account. Another possibility is that you have applied your discount to the wrong account.

If you get in touch with SheerID, they will be able to check your status for you and it will be easier to act from there.

Let us know what the result is. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Thank you for helping me out Guido!

After contacting SheerID they gave me a few options to try out before attempting to renew it again. 

1. Clear cache on webbrowser

2. Sign in to spotify (if already logged on, log out and log in again)

3. Sent me a direct link with which I could directly apply a student discount onto my accound. 

The first two alternatives did not work, but the third one did. I am now using spotify with student discount for another year! 🙂

Hey there @Villenyberg,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear that you're back on the discounted rate now!

Happy Spotifying 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts