Unable to Be Verified as Student

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro 

My Question or Issue

I tried to register for a Student Spotify Premium account but I can't even get past the Verify process..I enter my name, my university (which shows up on the search list), and my birthdate but when I press next it says that I can't be confirmed and have to recheck the details of my account. The details match up to what I was entering on the page, so I'm really confused as how to solve this. It didn't even ask me for documentation yet and I can't be verified? I really need to register asap because I have a paper on a documentary exclusive on Showtime that I need access to. Please help me out. 

3 Replies

Hey @sally1227

I had this same issue. It may take a few days for you to recieve a true answer about it from the system. However, some colleges will show up on the system but are not actually elegible for the discount.

I would reccomend trying to get the 3 monts for 99 cents if that promotion is still going on or possibly getting an acount for a particularly short time so you are able to do what you need. Also, I don't know much about showtime but maybe see how the prices of that compare. 

Hope this helps! 

Thank you! 

Hey @sally1227

What you can also try doing is manually verify your student status. Click on this Manual Verification Link and it will take you to the manual verification page.

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

Suggested posts