Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to activate 1-month free subscription

Unable to activate 1-month free subscription

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have my premium for students approved from Spotify but when I go to activate it, it is charging me instead of giving the first month free as advertised by Spotify. How to avail the free 1month subscription?

4 Replies

Hey @sahhil, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried Spotify in the past, or used your payment method on Spotify's services? 

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem. No 1 month free. After I get verified, I input my paypal information and I get charged right away. I did not use spotify before. 

What can I do now? Thanks.

No I haven't used Spotify before. I've just been using their free version

Hey @sahhil and @sipichris,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community and answering @Billy-J's question.

It'd be good for you to double-check if the unexpected charges you mentioned are for pre-authorization purposes. Suggesting this since if you sign up for a free trial or update your payment method, you may see a temporary charge to confirm the payment works (an ‘authorization’ charge). This will shortly expire, and the funds will be returned to you. I'd also be great for you to reach out to your bank or card provider to know more about this.

Regarding the eligibility for any Premium free trial, as a heads-up, every person is eligible for it only once (regardless of how many new accounts they create).

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know how you get on and if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts