Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change subscription to student/ I have premium but it's telling me I have a free?

Solved!

Unable to change subscription to student/ I have premium but it's telling me I have a free?

Hi!

I'm trying to go with the student spotify premium however whenever I enter my billing info its telling me that I already had/have a subscription similiar to this one and am therefore unable to qualify? I did sign up for the summer deal 3 months for $0.99 so I'm assuming that that may be a reason?

Also, my account statement is telling me that I have free subscription however I know I have premium because I'm not getting ads and stuff like that. I was out of the country for about twenty days if that helps.

But I know for sure that I have premium I just don't know what might be the issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Zuzu5,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In this case, could you try heading here to upgrade at the discounted rate without availing of the offer?

If that doesn't help, give it a try in an incognito or private window in your browser instead.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Update: I checked my bank account and ive had Spotify deposit and withdraw 0.99 about five times today? Is there somekind of glitch going on?

Hey @Zuzu5.

Thanks for your question, and sorry for the slow reply!

Don't worry about the repeated charges of $0.99 - those are all most likely failed payments which are pending charges, which means that the money will shortly be returned to your bank account, if it hasn't been already.

As for your subscription: are you sure that you used the correct link to sign up for the student discount? There is currently a back-to-school offer for students ($0.99 for 3 months) which you will not be eligible for since, as you said, you've already benefitted from an offer in the past. Make sure you go here instead to subscribe for Premium at the student rate.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here if you need any more help 🙂

Take care,

P

Hi Peter!

Thanks for the reply, and I'm sorry about the late reply as well. 

I still can't sign up fpr the student discount, the link you gave me only offers the current student discount for $0.99 for the first three months and then the $4.99 afterwards.

I don't suppose you know how long the current offer will last? Or if there's a different link I can go to? Or any other alternative?

Thanks! 

Marked as solution

Hey there @Zuzu5,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In this case, could you try heading here to upgrade at the discounted rate without availing of the offer?

If that doesn't help, give it a try in an incognito or private window in your browser instead.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts