Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to renew stuent spotify subscription

Unable to renew stuent spotify subscription

I have been on a spotify student premium plan in the UK for somewhere between one and two years now, and I've really enjoyed the service. I am still a student, and so when I received an email from spotify asking me to reconfirm my student status, I clicked on the link.

The link takes me to this (below) page. Which I then follow through to click on the 'get premium' button.

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 3.31.13 PM.png

At the point it takes me to the next (below) page.

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 3.31.28 PM.png

I'm still a student and I havent been using spotify premium for more than four years, So i'm quite distressed and confused about why that has come up, and why I'm not being charged full price premium. I wondered if the reason for that is because I'm currently on holiday in Canada? It seems a bit silly that being on holiday overseas means that I can't renew my account... but if that's the case I'd jsut like confirmation that I can get student discount once I return to the UK, because I really can't afford to pay double the price every month.

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 3.31.13 PM.png
1 Reply

Hey @flyswimstar Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Yes you will be able to get Student Discount in the UK. I just doubled check to make sure it was available and it is. So once you get back to the UK you will be able to get your Student Discount price.

On the side note, if you are in Canada right now, it is possible that you are on the Canadian URL which means you would have to access the UK link. 

Let me know if the problem still exist if you access the UK link.

Keanu_C

Suggested posts