Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

School/University Search Not Working

Solved!

School/University Search Not Working

I'm an Australian student and I've been trying to go through the verification process to renew my student discount (I had it last year but it ran out a few months ago and I'm only just getting around to sorting it out). Whenever I try to type in my university's name, nothing comes up and as soon as I click out of the box my typing disappears and resets. The dropdown box briefly displays the text 'loading...' when clicking on it but immediately disappears. 

I know my university is one that SheerID works for, or at least, it has in the past. I tried typing in other larger universities in my area to see if anything came up at all or if it was just mine, but nothing would come up for any searches. I've tried on multiple devices - iPhone and iPad in Safari and then on Macbook Air 2013 in Chrome (both regular and incognito tab) and Safari. Any advice on how to get past this issue would be a godsend - thank you!

159 Replies

Hey folks,

Thanks for staying with us so far.

It'd be great for you to wait one hour and try again if you don't see any schools listed when attempting the verification for the discount (via the student verification form). 

Should the issue persist, make sure to try opening the link in an incognito/private window or a different browser.

Keep us posted on how it goes and have a good one!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Mario ,

I've tried with Firefox and Edge both in normal and incognito windows but everytime I select my Uni (that is listed) after clicking next I get a "invalid parameters" up on top and "undefined" in the Unis drop down list as you can se from the images

image_2020-09-29_15-36-12.png

This is the undefined  pic

image_2020-09-29_15-36-20.png

Thanks

Cheers

Hi Spotify,

My drop-down list isn't loading like al the others above. 

I tried to log in with another device and with another browser, also another Internet connection isn't helping. 

I don't know what to do anymore... 

I have the student premium for two years now, so my school should be good. 

help..

Hi everyone, 

I had the same problem as everyone else in this thread and had also tried all the solutions Spotify provided without success. What ended up working for me was leaving the SheerID page open for 10/15 min, and then somehow the list with university names started working. Not sure why or how but maybe it can help someone else too 🙂

Hey there @aerobot!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We can confirm that this is still under investigation and we're working with SheerId to solve it.

In the meantime feel free to leave your details and +Vote here. Hopefully we'll have more info on this soon!

Keep an eye on the page for any updates.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

ElenaModerator

Hey @Mardox91 ,

Thanks for reaching out and the info you shared.

Would you mind giving that another try? Should be working fine now 🙂

Cheers!

Mario Moderator

Hola, me ocurre el mismo problema. Al intentar renovar el descuento de estudiante, selecciono el país (España), pero no aparece ninguna universidad en la lista desplegable, y si intento escribir el nombre de mi universidad manualmente, me borra el texto. ¿Como puedo solucionarlo para renovar mi descuento de estudiante? Gracias.

Hey there @PedroCM9,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Hope you don't mind us replying in English as it's the Community's official language. 

We'd suggest you open an incognito window on our PC. Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. Then you can try again getting verified here.

If the issue still persists, you can click here and give the steps mentioned there a go. You can also add your +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread, to stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

@aledropez Do you still experience this issue?

Hope this helps. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

I have tried all the steps and it is still not working.

Edit: It started working after a few hours.

Spotify does not seem to want to add my school - why I don’t know. I am a student, and I am paying tuition, and I am going to get a diploma, yet they don’t seem to want to give me the discount and when I email for support, I just get avoidance and bad answers- really disappointing 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If you're still experiencing this, keep in mind you might've encountered an Ongoing Issue that we're currently investigating. Check out this thread and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. You can also Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. 

If you don’t see your university or college listed at all this means it’s not being supported right now. However, you can get in touch with SheerID and request to add a college/university.

Tip: It can take at least 30 days for SheerID to get back to you.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

I am also having this issue, I've tried every "fix" listed and nothing seems to work. 
Please help, this offer is too good to pass up!

Same problem here. Tried everything, nothing works.

I think, Spotify do not want to fix it...

Hey,

I have the same problem. The drop down/search ("Name of college/university") does not work.

I tried it on 2 different computers and on my cell phone, using two different WiFi connections and I also tried it with private/incognito windows. But nothing seems to work. 

I'm trying to get the student premium plan, and the drop down list won't work. Its not working for any country I try! Please help!!!

Hi! This is not working for me and I am facing the same issue. Kindly help!

It has not worked for me either. I keep emailing them but both Spotify and sheer is repeat what they have already said. It’s been terribly frustrating.

@Billy-J  @Ivan 

I have tried multiple browsers and private browsing as well. The problem persists on my mobile device and my laptop as well. This is extremely frustrating at this point. The College/University name dropdown is not working! Please help.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

The reason why you're experiencing this is that SheerID is currently reindexing their list of schools available in the drop-down menu each day for a few hours. This causes the menu not to work as expected or not to work at all. We've already reported to SheerID that some of our users might still face the issue. 

In case you experience it, make sure to try again in an incognito window or using a different device to ensure there's no old content displayed due to cached browser data. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Suggested posts