Premium

Country

United Kingdom 

Device

(iPhone 7, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS)

My Question or Issue

I have tried to change my subscription to student and verify through ShearId but it says it has been unsuccessful due to the voucher already being used but i haven't used my email for spotify premium yet 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @bobbyleblob

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

In case you receive this error message you need to get in touch with SheerID. They'll send you an email including a valid activation link allowing you to apply the student discount to your Spotify account. 

You can contact SheerID here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @bobbyleblob

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

In case you receive this error message you need to get in touch with SheerID. They'll send you an email including a valid activation link allowing you to apply the student discount to your Spotify account. 

You can contact SheerID here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Plan

Premium Student

Country

Turkey

Device

(Samsung A71)

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Problem

I looked at my plan settings and saw that my student premium plan had changed to a regular premium account. I also sent proof that I am a student. Then Sheer ID and Spotify didn't acknowledge it or something else happened. I can't explain because I didn't understand anything. When i try to change my premium plan back to Student plan it says i have already used this offer. It's frustrating because it's affordable and I'm a student so I choose the Student plan and that goes on. Now I can't enjoy using this service because now I have to pay more than I signed up for. I've been trying to fix it for 2 weeks but it's not working. I hope you can answer my concern, explain why this is happening on my account, and help me out if there's anything I can do to get the Student premium plan. Thanks.

hi, I have the same problem, I tried to change my subscription to student and verify through ShearId but it says it has been unsuccessful due to the voucher already being used but i haven't used my email for spotify premium yet 

Hi @317nz5suqkuyoasozm6o!

Could you share a screenshot of the exact error message you're receiving? Note: Make sure to hide any sensitive / personal info.

Have you received an email from SheerID after uploading your documents, saying you're verified? If yes, then it's possible that the link they've given you has expired, so you'll have to reach out to them again and ask them to send you a new one.

If you haven't received an email, you'll need to wait a few more days or get in touch with them.

If you have any other email addresses you might have used to sign up for Spotify, try logging in there since one of them could have been accidentally used for the student discount.

Hope you get this sorted out soon. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hey I am trying to sign up for student plan - I have already been successfully verified by SheerID but when I go to the page to switch plans it's telling me I'm not eligible for the student plan. Any advice?

Cheers

Hi @SenYora,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

No worries. If you can't have the discount fully set up on your end, we recommend that you get in contact with customer support here. The right folks will check this further with you.

Remember the Community is here for you in case you need anything else. 

Cheers!

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hey, i I have already been successfully verified by SheerID but i haven't used the student discount for that account.

Can i delete that account and apply the student discount to another Spotify account. Thanks

Hey @manualjake,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

If you are already verified by SheerID, you should receive a confirmation email with a link to complete the activation process. Since you mentioned that you haven't used the discount yet, you can follow the link in the confirmation email, but make sure that the account logged in is the one you want to apply it to. You can double check the account logged in with the username of the upper right part of the webpage.

However, in case that the discount was activated in a different account already, you can contact our Customer Support directly, so they can check your account and transfer the discount to the correct one. After you make sure everything is set in your account, you can delete the other one to avoid future confusion.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

:

I have the same exact problem and I still haven’t been able to fix it.

Hey @phyliciar7,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know if you're trying to start a Student subscription or if you're trying to renew your current one? 

If you are trying to renew, you can do that from your account page just before your discount expires, the link is personalized, so we can't send it from our end. Note: If your discount expires before you renew, go to CHANGE PLAN on your account page and choose Premium Student.

If you're trying to start a new Student plan you can start here. If you have trouble with the verification, you can check this page out.

In case you're verified, but you're getting an error message - feel free to take a look at this Spotify Answer that has some other steps that you can try.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you 🙂

LyubkaModerator

I had the same problem but I solved it like this: 

**bleep** in detail about the entire situation and they gave me 4 steps to follow to verify what was happening since I had to renew the discount and I could not do it on the indicated day and they charged me the **bleep** and 129 a normal plan in the end they solved my problem and I already have the service and the discount again all 2 days the day I wrote the email and the next day it was ready 

I hope it helps you, greetings from Mexico 

I recieved the mail from shearID but whenever I click on the "get discount" option it shows ne "page not found"

Hi there @hashirali11,

Thanks for the reply. Make sure you're opening the latest email from them and not any previous one. Consider also opening it in an incognito window and on various devices.

Hope this helps

JoanModerator

Suggested posts