Country
Germany

Device

(iPhone XS, Macbook Pro late 2015)

Operating System

(iOS 13, MacOS)

My Question or Issue

Hello.

You can see on the picture (obviously it’s in German)  but it literally says that SheerID checked me and verified me as an student. And it also says that I just have to click on the green button and then choose the student plan. And if I click the green button I get send to Spotify where I confirm my account. So I Click confirm. But then there is a red box wherein is standing that Spotify couldn’t confirm me as an student. So that doesn’t make sense. Please help. 

With best regards 

Marius

FE1B914C-CDA9-42BF-8F3D-8DA6E4B32C30.png
FE1B914C-CDA9-42BF-8F3D-8DA6E4B32C30.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the exact same problem and couldn't resolve it at first, but I found a way that worked for me :

I desinstalled spotify from my computer, I went on the website and click on Prenium, next to help and download. Then I choosed the student plan, and finaly made the next usual steps.

It worked !

Hope it may be the same for you.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @mariussch!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Could you check if you've already received an email from SheerID confirming your student status?

If you hhave you can start off by opening the link from that email in an incognito or private window.

In case that doesn't do the trick, we recommend you try applying for the Student discount again here.

If you're still having difficulties verifying your student status with SheerID, we suggest you take a look at their Student Support Page or get in touch with them so that they can check your status again.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be here if you need more help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Marius, 

I have exactly the same problem. I'm also a student in germany and SheerID has verified me already. However, when I clock the button to go to spotify it doesn't accept my verification. 

I already tried what was written in the other answer but that didn't help either.

Did you find a solution for the problem? 

Best, 

A

Hey Elena, I have the same problems as Marius. Your solutions didn't work for me.
The problem is that I am verified by SheerID (I got the email which clearly states I am verified). When moving on with the process, spotify is not confirming the verification.

So the problem does not lie with the verification of SheerID itself.

Do you have any other Ideas how to solve the problem?

Best, A

Hello Elena

Yes I received an email from SheerID (the pictures in sent with the topic I opened Show the email). The email says „Du bist verifiziert“ what in englisch means „you are verified“. The mail also says that they determined that I am a student at a University and with click the green button I can use the student plan. 

I tried to open the link in incognito window but that didn’t do the trick. 

I also tried to apply again for the student discount as you recommended. The problem here is that the website says that I already used the voucher. 

So now I’m trying to get in touch with the support from SheerID. I hope they can help me. 

But thank you for your fast answer. 

With best regards 

Marius

Hello from Brazil !
I'm having the same problem with my student premium account renovation.
I recieved the same e-mail with the green button, and the same red box showed to me, and when I tried to apply again for the student discount athe website says that I already used the voucher.
I tried many times and don't know more what to do.
I hope someone could help us.
Warm hugs,
Letícia
Marked as solution

I had the exact same problem and couldn't resolve it at first, but I found a way that worked for me :

I desinstalled spotify from my computer, I went on the website and click on Prenium, next to help and download. Then I choosed the student plan, and finaly made the next usual steps.

It worked !

Hope it may be the same for you.

Hey all,

I solved the Problem by using my university email adress. 

So If you have multiple e-mail adresses Just try another one 🙂

Suggested posts