Announcements

When registering to a Student Premium, no university/college are showing in the list.

Highlighted

When registering to a Student Premium, no university/college are showing in the list.

Casual Listener

Plan

Student Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Huawei Nova 3i

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I register my account as a Student Premium, the list of universities/college is not loading. It won't show the list of schools and when I type my school it says it's not eligible. I also asked my friend to try it but it's not loading any list of schools

<snip - Moderator Edit>

14 Replies
Highlighted

Re: When registering to a Student Premium, no university/college are showing in the list.

Hey there @kennethscro!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Could you start by giving it a try on a different device? We'd recommend giving it a shot on a desktop in Chrome, preferable in an incognito window.

It's also a good idea to use a different network to see if that makes a difference for you.

We also see that you haven't set the Philippines as a country where you need to enter your phone number and that could also be causing the issue.

Keep us posted on how it goes. Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any more questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Re: When registering to a Student Premium, no university/college are showing in the list.

Casual Listener
I have tried and it is still the same. The list does not show any of the
schools. It just says loading when I click on it.
Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to us @kennethscro!

Can you let us know all the steps that you have tried so far so that we can make sure we're not suggesting anything you've already tested?

If possible, could you give this a shot on a different network and not using a VPN?

We'll be on the lookout for your update.

ElenaModerator

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi! Thanks for the suggestions 🙂 I did it without VPN and also did it on my pc. If only I could send a video that the list of schools when I click it doesn't show any list of schools at all. Tried it on my phone and my pc. I also filled up the form correctly and double checked the info and the country I live in. Sorry for the troubles! 

Highlighted

Hi @kennethscro,

Thanks going through all the suggested steps. In case you're still having trouble entering your university in the form, it'd be great if you could try this link instead to see if that makes a difference.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

Composer

There is no way this is an isolated incident, simply Spotify  does not recognize the school as an accredited University or College.

My suggestion to Spotify would be to compose a list of all available schools that are eligible for the discount, that would prevent issues like this from occurring as this user clearly does not ave a great experience so far.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

What you're describing sounds like the Ongoing Issue here that our tech teams are currently looking into.

If that's the case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and subscribing to it so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you need more help with this.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Highlighted

Visitor

It's also happening to me!

Just commenting to see if they resolve the issue but I think it may have to be done on a desktop or laptop

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same here! Actually I've been trying to get the student plan for months now but it's still the same. Did they stop fixing this issue?

SUGGESTED POSTS