Why can't I be verified?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

LG g6

My Question or Issue

I've been trying to be verified as a student for months now and it won't let me be verified. I'm starting my first year in university and I have a university email which I use for my Spotify account. Every time I try to be verified it says "Unfortunately, we couldn't confirm you are a student". I don't know what to do anymore. 

7 Replies

Hey @KT191.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

Currently, Spotify only offers the student discount to students of Title IV institutions. This is probably the reason why you aren't able to sign up for the student discount.

If you think that your college does qualify, let us know which one it is and we'll take a closer look 😉

I definitely think my school applies but I still can’t be “verified” as a student.

Hey @KT191,

Thanks for getting back to us - we believe you 🙂

SheerID is the verification service Spotify uses to verify student eligibility, so we suggest that you reach out to them directly and ask them about this. You can reach them at customerservice@sheerid.com

Hope that helps! Let us know how you get on 🙂

Wow that was funny. Peter's solution was to blame another company. 

Hey there @Qunt,

Thanks for posting here in the Community and welcome!

As @Peter mentions, we use SheerID to verify your Student status when you upgrade to Premium for Students.

If during the verification process they're unable to confirm your status, we’re afraid you won't be eligible for the Student discount at this time. 

If you have any questions regarding the verification process, we'd recommend taking a look at this SheerID FAQ

You can also find more information about Premium for Students in general in this support site article

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

20190804_150814.png

I've been having the same issue for months. I have never heard back from the "other" company that verifies student discounts.  I'm waiting for pending charges to disappear on my account. 

When will the charges on my bank account be credited? I've been trying to verify that I'm a student for months. 

Suggested posts