Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why do I still get ads on a podcast when I'm premium?

Why do I still get ads on a podcast when I'm premium?

I listen to a podcast with a friend from The Netherlands (the podcast is called "My Dad Wrote a Por..") i can't write that word. From time to time I get ads at the beginning, the middle and the end of the podcast (and she doesn't). These last approximately 30 seconds. 
I have Premium for Students and I live in Mexico. 

I asked my brother, who also has a Premium plan, whether he got the ads too and he does! I get them both on my phone (a Huawei y7) and my laptop (MacBook Pro). The ads are "embedded" in the audio. The preview of the podcast may say the time (e.g. 28:17 minutes) but, when I play it, the bar shows 29:57 minutes. Yea, all those extra seconds are ads! Why? 

Can anyone help?

3 Replies

Hi there @Victoria60,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. We'll be happy to shed some light on this 🙂

Spotify doesn’t play or include ads that interrupt the listening experience of Premium subscribers. However, some podcast creators may include third-party advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages in their episodes.

Spotify gives the podcast hosts the option to choose if they would like to have a dynamic ad slot in their podcast, but that isn't something Spotify can control - it's up to the individual podcast owners if they choose to have that type of ad in their content.

We hope this clears things up. If you need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey @katerina! thank you for the reply and the information you provided. 
why is it then that in some countries they add ads and in others they don't? maybe there's no way to know but either way thanks for your reply! 

Have a good day

Hey @Victoria60,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As this types of  adds are embedded by the hosts, we recommend that you reach out to the content creators. They'll happily answer your questions about the adds in their podcasts.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts