Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I’ve tried 3 times now to get my college added and every time my request has been ignored. My previous college, which was much smaller and had less subjects available etc was on the list but Edinburgh College, with multiple campuses and thousands of students, isn’t on the list? I find this very strange. I’ve been at this college for almost a year now and haven’t been able to access the student discount because nobody has put it on the list, despite it being an official college where as similar colleges are on the list. Any help would be appreciated.

Top Answer
Billy-J
Spotify Star

Hey @hikikoof, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern. If you don’t see your university/college listed during sign up, it’s not supported right now. You can always request to add a college/university

Keep in mind that it can take at least 30 days for Spotify's verification partner SheerID to get back to you. You can also get in touch with SheerID if you need further help.

There is also some more Information on getting Premium Student here

I hope this clears things up!

3 Replies

Hey @hikikoof, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern. If you don’t see your university/college listed during sign up, it’s not supported right now. You can always request to add a college/university

Keep in mind that it can take at least 30 days for Spotify's verification partner SheerID to get back to you. You can also get in touch with SheerID if you need further help.

There is also some more Information on getting Premium Student here

I hope this clears things up!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Last year I sent three emails trying to get Edinburgh college added.
Two more since September.
No one has replied, they just ignore it.
On 2017 and 2018 I had student discount and I was still at Edinburgh college.
They just stopped this benefit for some reason and will never tell us why.

Hey @SantiAlberola,

Thanks for keeping us posted on this one.

We'd recommend you reach out to SheerID directly through this link or on customerservice@sheerid.com and ask why this is happening. There might be a licensing disagreement with the college or an internal error on SheerID's side.

Contacting them directly would be your best bet.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts