extend Premium for students

extend Premium for students

zoébeaudoin
Casual Listener

Hello, I have a Premium for Students subscription since 21/12/2017.

I see that it expires today 21/12/2019.

I want to renew it.

But when I make the request on https://www.spotify.com/en/student/verification/ I am told "You have already taken advantage of this offer".

I benefited from 24 months of this student rate.

This renewal today would be only the 2nd. I believe that I am entitled to 3 renewal for 4 years or 48 months of subscription to the student rate.

How do I do that?

I don’t want to be charged €9.99 today as announced in my personal space.

Thank you in advance, Zoé Beaudoin

6 Replies

Re: extend Premium for students

Hey there @zoébeaudoin,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

As you mention, Premium Student is valid for up to 12 months from the date you subscribed and you can renew it for up to four years.

If you're still an eligible student, you can renew by heading to www.spotify.com/student first and then either log in to your uni’s portal or upload proof of enrollment. Once you've renewed successfully, you'll get the discounted rate for another 12 months.

If you're still having troubles, you can try instead changing your plan from the account overview page under 'Your Plan' in an incognito or private window in your browser.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

gwenmidori
Hello,

I am having the same problem as Zoé, I can't renew my student subscription and I have been charged of the premium subscription at €9,99 😞

I am still a student and it will also be my 2nd renewal. (when I go to the renewal student page, I have the same message: "You have already taken advantage of this offer". )
Thank you for your help,
Gwenael

zoébeaudoin
Casual Listener
My problem is soon solved:
I used another account to get the discount.
Spotify offered to merge the two accounts.
Please contact them by email support@spotify.com

zoébeaudoin
Casual Listener

My problem is soon solved:
I used another account to get the discount.
Spotify offered to merge the two accounts.
Please contact them by email support@spotify.com

Hi @gwenmidori,

Thanks for posting here! 

Keep in mind that there's a difference between verifying your student discount via SheerID and activating it in your Spotify account.

Here's what you need to know so you can get the Premium Student price applied to your account:

1. You must first verify yourself as a student through SheerID.

2. Then, you must update your payment details so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount). For this, try entering your uni email address and password. If that doesn't do it, try with the Spotify email and password.

3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check your subscription page.

If it doesn't do the trick, tell us what type of error message you get in both cases. You can also add as screenshot (but make sure to hide any sensitive info 🙂 ).

Feel free to share what worked out for you if you get this solved.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

students

zoébeaudoin
Casual Listener

It’s all been arranged.
But it’s hard to explain...
I had two accounts.
A student on whom I could not get my student status checked to renew the subscription with discount.
An unused account from which I managed to have my student status checked and to subscribe with a discount.
But... that’s how I paid 9.99 until my termination was taken into account on one side and 4.99 on the other!
Spotify merged the two accounts, pooled everything into this one account, including my student discount, and paid me back the overpayment.
I recommend that France contact support@spotify.com by email
Thank you and good luck to those who are looking for the solution!student

SUGGESTED POSTS