Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

premium account not for student and not the family premium

Solved!

premium account not for student and not the family premium

So I've been using the student discount for a while now until here recently it says my payment didn't go through, I got a new card so I put in the new information. I'm not a student right now but how can I still get the premium without having to upgrade to the family plan, I have no family it's just me, I'm not about to pay 14.99 a month for ONE account, Spotify needs a third option as well instead of the student and family. I don't want to have to cancel my subscription but I will if these are the only two options I unfortunately have.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @anicole979

Try cancelling your current subscription on the account page and then resubscribe with your new payment details.

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

I think what happened is that it shows you are already on normal premium so it shows the other option as upgrading to family. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @anicole979

Try cancelling your current subscription on the account page and then resubscribe with your new payment details.

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

I think what happened is that it shows you are already on normal premium so it shows the other option as upgrading to family. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thank you! It worked

Glad to hear! You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts