Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Students at this school are ineligible for this offer" Help!

"Students at this school are ineligible for this offer" Help!

I am a student in higher education in the United Kingdom. I am studying for two years at a local college and doing my third year on campus. When I try to confirm my student status my college is not listed and requesting for it to be added to the list comes back with "Students at this school are ineligible for this offer". Any help is appreciated as I can't really afford to keep paying for standard premium monthly anymore. 

Thanks

13 Replies

Hey there @ZHF,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

If you’re in higher education but your college/university isn’t on the verification list, you can request for it to be added here.

In case SheerID doesn't accept your school submission, it means that you're currently not eligible for the student discount. 

We'd recommend reaching out to SheerID if you have any more questions about this, as they are the ones checking eligibility.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a great day!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m also having this problem, I reached out to SheerID and the only message I’m getting back is a automated message saying “Your request to SheerID customer service has been received. In order for us to provide you with the best assistance, please reply to this message and let us know which company's exclusive offer you are attempting to verify for and at what stage of the verification process we can help you with.

Someone from our Verification Team will follow up with you as soon as possible. Our teams are working around the clock to respond in order of requests received.Thanks for reaching out! To add additional comments to your request, you may simply reply to this message.” When I respond I’ve given the same message. How are we supposed to know what’s going on if if dealing with the same message. 

Yeah, it doesn't seem particularly helpful. I was able to verify my student status with Unidays just fine when they were partnered with them. SheerID seems to offer manual verification but from what I can find it's only available in the US. It's a shame because a lot of students with this issue will just go and find another platform for their student discount because Sheer seems to send people in circles.

Yeah it’s annoying, Spotify needs to go back to unidays as that actually worked

Hey @ZHF

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We can confirm that the manual verification with SheerID applies to international students. Since SheerID are the only ones in charge of student verification, we'd recommend reaching out to their team since they're checking eligibility. You can get in touch with them here.

@Bethanyboo2083 Could you let us know how long it has been since you received SheerID's reply? Keep in mind it might take some time before someone from their team can reach out to you, so give them at least a week to get back to you. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.  

I sent my request almost a month ago and have been emailing trying to find out anything just over a week

Hey @Bethanyboo2083,

Thanks for the additional info.

You should reach out to SheerID since they are the ones that check your eligibility for the Student discount. We recommend that you email them again, but this time do so over a new conversation and not as a reply to the old one. You can get in touch with their Customer Support team here. Note that again it might take some time for them to answer back, so give them at least a week. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Each time I emailed them I made sure it was a new email to try and prevent getting the automated message. It’s gotten to a point where they’ve messed me around so much I’m considering not renewing my premium and finding a new streaming service. I don’t understand why Spotify made the decision to swap from unidays to SheerID when all it’s caused is problems

They finally got back to me, they are now saying the can’t add my college as they don’t meet Spotify’s standards which isn’t fair as it previously did. Please can you stop using sheerID

Hey there @Bethanyboo2083,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We understand how this might cause some frustration, but SheerID handles all verification requests for the student discount. If they don't accept your school submission, it means that you're currently not eligible for that offer.

If it's not possible to get verified, we'd suggest you check our other offers. We want everyone to be able to enjoy the benefits of Spotify Premium - this is why we offer many different plans, as listed here, which suit different living situations. 

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Uh... that's not what they asked. They asked for you to stop using SheerID for obvious reasons. There are thousands of companies that provide such a service in much better conditions (you just have to look at the ridiculously short list of supported centers at SheerID). Apparently I'm not considered a "student" under their view.

When SheerID says that the school "doesn't meet Spotify standards", they mean Spotify doesn't want them to recognize your school, what they really mean is Spotify doesn't allow them to add your school, even though it's a perfectly legitimate school. It gives the impression that Spotify doesn't really want to give student discounts, they put that on their website to look nice but most people will just give up and pay the regular price.

There are currently no eligible Quebec institutions that I could find. And United States is not even on the country list. This is not serious at all.

When I request to add a school via SheerID, I automatically get the message: "This offer is unavailable
The academic institution you have selected is not eligible for this offer." followed by "Eligibility criteria is determined by Spotify and managed by SheerID."

When now checking with Spotify, we're being told: "We'd recommend reaching out to SheerID if you have any more questions about this, as they are the ones checking eligibility." (Xenia, Moderator, 2020-08-01 08:53 AM).

SheerID is telling us to check with Spotify about eligibility and Spotify tells us to check with SheerID for eligibility.

Can't we simply get an answer? It looks like everyone here is having an issue with Spotify's student membership plan, yet Spotify seems to not know anything about the issue and instead blames SheerID.

Suggested posts