Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"You already benefited from this offer" ?

"You already benefited from this offer" ?

Plan

Premium for Students

Country

France

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOs 13 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello ! 

I have been subscribed to your Student Offer ( 4.99 euro/ month) for about a year now. But for the month of April, i was debited 9.99 euro from my account. I think my subscription changed on its own. When I try subscribe to the Student Offer again, I get the following message (transcribed from French) : "You already benefited from this offer" . 

My question being : is there a limited amount of time for the Student Offer ?

Thank you very much, and sorry if this question was already asked before.

6 Replies

Hey @zkr19 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Premium Student is valid for up to 12 months from the date you subscribed.

When the discount expires, your subscription automatically continues at the standard rate for Premium Individual unless you cancel or apply for another year (with a 4-year limit). 

How often did you renew the discount?

Let me know 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @Maxim, thanks for answering my question !

I've never renewed the offer (it was my first year using this offer), and after reading your answer, I just found out that Spotify sent me an e-mail a month before the end of my subscription to renew it, and I didn't see it... (clearly my fault haha). 

The problem remains though, since I canceled the regular Premium subcscription (9.99 euro), I would still like to get the student subcription back. However, the "you have already benefited from this offer" message still pops up when I want to verify my student status. Any idea of how i can remediate to this problem ? 

Thank you very much !

Hey @zkr19 ,

Thanks for letting me know.

Can you please post a screenshot of the error message that you're seeing? It doesn't have to be in English. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Here you go @Maxim,

Thanks again.

69BED912-EEEA-476E-A635-130A8B9C573E.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot.

I'd recommend reaching out to SheerID so they can look into this for you.

You can contact them at https://sheerid.com/spotify-student-support/#spotify-contact.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

@Maxim

Hello and thank you for all your answers. I have already tried to contact them through this link days ago, with no response yet.

I’ll still wait more for them to answer, however I don’t think they will. If there’s no way other way to get a Student subscription back, then I think I’ll just cancel my regular subscription.

Anyways, thank you very much.

Suggested posts