Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"You have already redeemed this offer" when trying to get student discount

"You have already redeemed this offer" when trying to get student discount

Plan

Free

Country

Brazil

Device

Galaxy j7 prime

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Right after logging on my university website to get confirmation, a mensagem apeared saying that It worked, but after that, when i was back at the Spotify website, a loading error ocurred, and a reload Button was showed. I press It and wait, with no success. Then i try to Go back and do the whole process again, but It keeps telling me that  "You have already redeemed this offer".  I really wanted to get the discount. Can someone Help me? I tried to do the process on my phone.

16 Replies

Hi there @Lightsaber64,

Thanks for reaching out here!

Bear in mind that there's a difference between verifying your student discount via SheerID and activating it in your Spotify account.

Here's what you need to know so you can get the Premium Student price applied to your account:

1. You must first verify yourself as a student through SheerID (which you've already done).

2. Then, you must update your payment details in an Incognito Window (preferably on a Desktop device) so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount). For this, try entering your uni email address and password. If that doesn't do it, try with the Spotify email and password.

3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check your subscription page.

Hope this sheds light on the subject. Let us know how it goes and if we can help with anything else 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the same Problem but nothin works out. The whole time "you have already redeemed this offer". I tried it with my phone and Internetpage. What else can i do?

Hey there @Steffi7

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

First try following the steps here, preferably in a private/incognito window. Then watch out for an email from SheerID you'll receive in your inbox. SheerID is Spotify's partner performing the student verification. Once you've got the email simply follow the instructions.

In case you still get the same error message go ahead and contact SheerID directly. You can do it here. You must explain them you receive this error and they'll send you a new email with activation link. Following the link will activate the student discount on your Premium subscription. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Looks like no one has real know the exact steps to resolve this.

I just had the same issue with "You have already redeemed this offer". And this may help others.

So if you haven't checked your email inbox yet(the email you entered for during student verification), go check email from Spotify. I got an email with subject "Spotify Student Discount", and it has a link called Spotify Logo to show the discount code and I was able to continue the purchase.

Try using a different email address on the student discount form.

i wonder if you still need it. i got the same problem before and i solved the problem. you are registered, all you need to do is just check your email or your phone messages see if there is message from sheerID or no. they will give you a link. your problem solved

Still not working.
It always takes me to the screen "you have already redeemed this offer", which means I have verified my student status according to your answer. When I go back to Spotify, it redirects me to the same page where I had filled in my details in the start. I havent recieved any emails from Spotify or anything from SheerID. Its just stuck there.

Hey there @Airy72,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you see if you received any email in your spam folders?

If not, we suggest that you contact Sheer-ID since they are the ones who take care of the verification. You can contact them here

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

No i didn't get any mails and i had to get the regular plan instead. I was stuck with it for a week.

Even though after logging on my uni's portal it said that it was successfully verified I couldn't get the student discount.

Thanks for the help anyways, I'll get it next year ig.

k

I found the root of the problem, for me at least. Maybe this would help you out.

Step 1

Find out what email your school/institution have registered on you. The reasoning behind this is simply that SheerID is pulling it's information from your school/institutions register. Once you've done this you can move on to the next step

Step 2

Open up "ingognito mode", log into your spotify account, go to "edit profile" and change your email to the one you're provided with by your school/institution, or the one that they have registered on you.

Step 3

Apply for the discount. Now it is important that you also use your school/institution email at this step as well.

Step 4.

Enjoy your student discount and some good music!

Hope this helps

You're a hero, was looking everywhere to figure this out

I found the root of the problem, for me at least. Maybe this would help you out.

Step 1

Find out what email your school/institution have registered on you. The reasoning behind this is simply that SheerID is pulling it's information from your school/institutions register. Once you've done this you can move on to the next step

Step 2

Open up "ingognito mode", log into your spotify account, go to "edit profile" and change your email to the one you're provided with by your school/institution, or the one that they have registered on you.

Step 3

Apply for the discount. Now it is important that you also use your school/institution email at this step as well.

Step 4.

Enjoy your student discount and some good music!

Hope this helps

Did not work for me 😞

Hey @deeps_,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you let us know exactly what errors you're encountering when trying to redeem your student discount?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

In case you still get this error message when trying to activate the student discount, first thing we suggest is making sure your student status has been verified by our verification partner SheerID

Once you've been verified, try updating your payment details in a private/incognito window, which will apply the discount to the subscription price. You can always check if the discount has been applied on your Account overview page under Your plan.   

If you get the error message after trying out these steps, we suggest contacting SheerID directly. You can do it here. Make sure you explain them you receive this error and they'll send you a new email with activation link. Keep in mind this link is only active for 7 days. 

Tip: Check the spam and junk folders of your mail inbox in case the mail from SheerID got filtered. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Suggested posts