Free

Country

Brazil

Device

Galaxy j7 prime

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Right after logging on my university website to get confirmation, a mensagem apeared saying that It worked, but after that, when i was back at the Spotify website, a loading error ocurred, and a reload Button was showed. I press It and wait, with no success. Then i try to Go back and do the whole process again, but It keeps telling me that  "You have already redeemed this offer".  I really wanted to get the discount. Can someone Help me? I tried to do the process on my phone.

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: "You have already redeemed this offer" when trying to get student discount

Hi there @Lightsaber64,

Thanks for reaching out here!

Bear in mind that there's a difference between verifying your student discount via SheerID and activating it in your Spotify account.

Here's what you need to know so you can get the Premium Student price applied to your account:

1. You must first verify yourself as a student through SheerID (which you've already done).

2. Then, you must update your payment details in an Incognito Window (preferably on a Desktop device) so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount). For this, try entering your uni email address and password. If that doesn't do it, try with the Spotify email and password.

3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check your subscription page.

Hope this sheds light on the subject. Let us know how it goes and if we can help with anything else 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Visitor

I have the same Problem but nothin works out. The whole time "you have already redeemed this offer". I tried it with my phone and Internetpage. What else can i do?

Highlighted

Hey there @Steffi7

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

First try following the steps here, preferably in a private/incognito window. Then watch out for an email from SheerID you'll receive in your inbox. SheerID is Spotify's partner performing the student verification. Once you've got the email simply follow the instructions.

In case you still get the same error message go ahead and contact SheerID directly. You can do it here. You must explain them you receive this error and they'll send you a new email with activation link. Following the link will activate the student discount on your Premium subscription. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Visitor

Looks like no one has real know the exact steps to resolve this.

I just had the same issue with "You have already redeemed this offer". And this may help others.

So if you haven't checked your email inbox yet(the email you entered for during student verification), go check email from Spotify. I got an email with subject "Spotify Student Discount", and it has a link called Spotify Logo to show the discount code and I was able to continue the purchase.

Gig Goer
Try using a different email address on the student discount form.
Highlighted

Visitor
i wonder if you still need it. i got the same problem before and i solved the problem. you are registered, all you need to do is just check your email or your phone messages see if there is message from sheerID or no. they will give you a link. your problem solved
SUGGESTED POSTS