"You have already redeemed this offer" when trying to get student discount

k

sv66
Visitor

k

Re: "You have already redeemed this offer" when trying to get student discount

studentdiscount
Casual Listener
I found the root of the problem, for me at least. Maybe this would help you out.

Step 1

Find out what email your school/institution have registered on you. The reasoning behind this is simply that SheerID is pulling it's information from your school/institutions register. Once you've done this you can move on to the next step

Step 2

Open up "ingognito mode", log into your spotify account, go to "edit profile" and change your email to the one you're provided with by your school/institution, or the one that they have registered on you.

Step 3

Apply for the discount. Now it is important that you also use your school/institution email at this step as well.

Step 4.

Enjoy your student discount and some good music!

Hope this helps

Saleh_Bhatti
Casual Listener
You're a hero, was looking everywhere to figure this out

Saleh_Bhatti
Casual Listener

I found the root of the problem, for me at least. Maybe this would help you out.

Step 1

Find out what email your school/institution have registered on you. The reasoning behind this is simply that SheerID is pulling it's information from your school/institutions register. Once you've done this you can move on to the next step

Step 2

Open up "ingognito mode", log into your spotify account, go to "edit profile" and change your email to the one you're provided with by your school/institution, or the one that they have registered on you.

Step 3

Apply for the discount. Now it is important that you also use your school/institution email at this step as well.

Step 4.

Enjoy your student discount and some good music!

Hope this helps

deeps_rj
Casual Listener

Did not work for me 😞

Alex

Hey @deeps_rj,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you let us know exactly what errors you're encountering when trying to redeem your student discount?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Ivan

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

In case you still get this error message when trying to activate the student discount, first thing we suggest is making sure your student status has been verified by our verification partner SheerID

Once you've been verified, try updating your payment details in a private/incognito window, which will apply the discount to the subscription price. You can always check if the discount has been applied on your Account overview page under Your plan.   

If you get the error message after trying out these steps, we suggest contacting SheerID directly. You can do it here. Make sure you explain them you receive this error and they'll send you a new email with activation link. Keep in mind this link is only active for 7 days. 

Tip: Check the spam and junk folders of your mail inbox in case the mail from SheerID got filtered. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
SUGGESTED POSTS